A Trifecta of it's not official

It is unfortunate that we cannot get more volunteers to assist on Club Night. For the third week in a row the times your children achieved at Club Night were not official. I understand that not everyone is seeking official times, for many it’s more about participation but for others, it is about securing new official times and racing under official conditions. We can’t continue to ignore the fact that as a club we should be able to offer the swimmers both - participation and official. At next week’s Monthly Meeting, I will put forward the discussion that unless there are a minimum of 2 timekeepers per lane at the official start time, Club Night is called off.

Comments: 6 (Discussion closed)
  • #6

Nepean Aquatic Centre Swim Club (Friday, 02 August 2013 18:36)

Wish that was the case Nicole, however the last 2 Newsletters have featured the Club's Website details and also parents actually enter their children's swims through the Club's Website. It's not about lack of communication. The good news is we had 12 timekeepers all lined up and waiting last night......glory days!

• #5

Nicole (Thursday, 01 August 2013 06:03)

lots of the new families don't even know we have a website let alone that they can view results there. I am planning on putting some info about the website in the newsletter this month and I might ask Corrine to email it out to everyone as well as put it on the website. I think good communication will help

• #4

Dave (Wednesday, 31 July 2013 02:59)

It is a shame that we cannot get people to help at club night. After all it is their children that are there. People need to realise that club night and the club do not run them selfs.

• #3

John (Sunday, 28 July 2013 02:51)

I wish that was case, however having posted the rule previously (with the club night results), I don't think we can assume it is due to lack of knowledge. The last two club nights haven't started until 7:15 pm because we were waiting for more timekeepers to volunteer, even after it was announced. The issue will be addressed on Wednesday and one way or another it will be resolved.

• #2

Nicole (Saturday, 27 July 2013 19:33)

Can we announce this on the night so those there realise this is the case, As many of the newer members are probably not aware of these rules

• #1

Paul (Friday, 26 July 2013 18:06)

Count me in.